Your Housing and Dining Contract

The Housing and Dining Contract is a legal contract between you and the University of Missouri for housing through Residential Life and dining through Campus Dining Services. The typical academic-year contract provides the student with assurance that the University will provide room and board for the academic year (fall and spring semesters). Housing and dining contracts are also available for spring and summer housing.

Incoming Students:


We have reached the maximum number of contracts for incoming freshman for the 2014-15 academic year based on initial projections of the incoming freshman class. However, you can still place your name on our wait list or check your position on the wait list by logging into the contract page. We send email updates to students on the wait list throughout the summer that let you know the likelihood of receiving a housing contract due to other students cancelling their contracts. You can review off-campus housing options at the off-campus housing website and some even offer a “worry-free guarantee”. Use caution before signing a contract for off-campus housing as they can range from a “worry-free guarantee” (with a different interpretations) to difficult or impossible to cancel, in the event Res Life is able to offer you a contract. Feel free to contact Residential Life if you have any questions!


The contract, among other things, also means that the student agrees to abide by Residential Life Rules and Regulations outlined in the Tiger Guide. The Tiger Guide is provided to each student when they move into a residence hall. If you did not receive a Tiger Guide, you can view the Rules and Regulations on the website or request a copy from Residential Life.

Rates and other information (including the residence hall opening and closing dates!) is available in the Housing and Dining Contract. You can: